November 2, 2011

More fighting than peacing...

It's been awhile.

I've been busy but at the same time, I haven't been busy at all. I'm in the final stages of the application process. I have collected my reference letters and just have to finish the essay. The essay is proving difficult as I haven't written one of those in 10 years.

But that's it really. I've been doing a lot of reading. I've been reading about mindfulness and meditation. I've learned a lot. But I haven't been able to make the leap from reading to practice. I'm finding that I always have another excuse. Right now, the excuses are 1) I'm tired (which is a laughable excuse not to MEDITATE!) 2) I haven't finished the book yet. Also laughable since the book came with a guided meditation CD. I have no excuses.

That's all for now. Maybe I'll start tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment