February 17, 2010

Why FMWTIP?

So I started this blog and it would appear that I very quickly abandoned it. That is not true. I have been pondering my next entry and wanted to make it just right. There are a great many things that make me shake my head and I've found that I have less and less patience for certain attitudes. I was planning to write about one of those needling points. But then I was afraid that the negative tone of the post was not the spin I was looking for for this  blog.

Perhaps I should explain the title then?

This is a title that I came up with back in my early twenties when my life was fraught with drama. Is then any early twenty-something who isn't going through some sort of dramatic crisis of sorts? Anywho, this came to me one day and I swore that I would use it as the title of the book that I have always intended to write. I even went so far as to send myself a letter with the title written on a piece of paper so that I would have a record of my intention to use it. Apparently you're not meant to open the letter. Oops.

I think the title is self-explanatory. Perhaps it is not. For me, inner peace has always sounded like something pretty cool. I've always striven to be content and have a calm inner voice. I have never actually reached that goal. I'm extremely high-strung and tend to get very irritated easily. I want to change that. I don't want to get as worked up about things that, in the long run, don't really matter. It seems that I will not achieve my goal without a fight.

Having said that, I cannot preclude the possibility of posting rants. I mean, isn't that the primary purpose of the "blogosphere"? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment